So when turning on the gas at our house is becoming an ordeal like getting the electricity on, the septic pump at my parent's house goes on the fritz and insurance company decides they don't want to insure a house that is in the process of being remodeled... Well it pours. Then we find out that that the previous owners vented the dryer into the attic. So there is dryer lint from 40 years adding to the insulation and fire hazards to be fixed. Oh, and the living room floor? Check it out:
8 cubic feet of concrete will need to be poured to level the floor, which is fine, but in the smashing dad and Blair discovered that whoever poured the foundation of the house neglected to use re-bar, at all.
However, all of those fun issues are posts for later, for now where we are even with with the bumps in the road:
|Plumbing on the kitchen sink taken care of|
|Kitchen sink area sheet-rocked|
|Cabinets are now painted and awaiting counter tops.|
|Trim being painted|
|Blair chiseling up the old glue in the entry way|
|The beginnings of the hole in the living room|
In going through all of the pictures I've taken, I realize I have a lot more to share... Tomorrow I'll post what is done in the nursery, it isn't finished, but it is getting there.