Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Just Because...

It is actually chilly this evening. I wore a jacket on my walk even though the sunflowers haven't even bloomed yet. This year the weather I fell in love with has come back to New Mexico. The heat and drought have begun to fade away.

It's back to school, a week and half in and already falling into a nice rhythm. Blair's home at the same time every night, since he is taking the shuttle to and from college. It's made a nice little routine for Jack. Mommy in the morning and Daddy in the evening. I plan on taking some shots of Daddy & Jack time once I figure out the lighting better. It's certainly something I'll always want to remember.

The barn swallows are still here, however, on their third hatching. They are always welcome to build nests on my back porch, they each eat around 1,000 mosquitoes a day! (And that is a Googled fact.)




And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my (rain)bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Genesis 9:12-13




We had a beautiful, full rainbow over our house the other day. I would have loved to have been just a bit higher, so I could have gotten a shot since it touched on each end. The blessings of living in a state where it frequently rains when the sun is shining! 

Tomorrow I'll have a catch-up update on the kitchen, with before and after pictures - one of my favorite things! In the meantime... baby tip-toes. <3






No comments:

Post a Comment