Saturday, September 14, 2013

Demolition Day One (Turning a House into a Home Part 2)


Needless to say, this house needs a LOT of work. But that is one of the main reasons we bought it. It was bringing down the value of the entire neighborhood and the people who were looking at it were making my mom nervous the lower the price got (there is a big meth problem in our area :/ )

So we bought the house. (Yay! I love fixer uppers, that makes them more yours when all is said and done.)

Unfortunately I am on pelvic rest for the last two months of my pregnancy due to low lying placenta so I can't do anything to help in the house itself except stay out of the way and snap a few pictures because the before and after shots are going to be AMAZING and I can't wait to show them to you!

I've spent most of my time doing laundry, and making sure that there is frosty iced tea and good lunches available for everyone doing the actual work. My brother and sister-in-law have been down helping out a lot as well.

The day after we closed this is what happened:

Blair smashed the tile out of the entryway

Ashley apparently Hulk-stomped tile out!
Proud of their work

Countertops are gone and the rotting drywall ripped out

What was the laundry area is now demolished

This lovely mess is why it is great my brother worked as a plumber for 4 years


Backsplash being ripped off


And sometimes chiseled off...

Hall bathroom vanity gone 

Master bath vanity gone...

The thing Blair hated most about the house getting torn down. 

Piece by piece...

Removing popcorn ceiling - a tutorial coming later

Ashley did most of it


It is messy work.


Progress on the terrible faux brick wall 

Piles of fake brick



Now the "built in" shelves


And the end of day one

















No comments:

Post a Comment